To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Chicken breast cutlets, flattened and spread with goat cheese topped with prosciutto, pesto and other herbs and spices. This all rolled up and baked with a tomato sauce. Magnifico!
This recipe comes from the Reggio Calabria region of Italy and is a recipe from a Calabrese friend of mine.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts [half breasts]
4 ounces of goat cheese
½ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
½ cup basil pesto sauce
8 slices prosciutto or another cured non-smoked ham
2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
½ cup white wine
½ cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1 bunch parsley chopped, leaves only for garnish
1. Split or butterfly the chicken breasts and pound flat.
2. Layer goat cheese, prosciutto, a teaspoon of pesto, and tablespoon of sun dried tomatoes. Roll up the
chicken breasts while tucking in the sides to completely envelop the filling.
3. In a chicken fryer or deep skillet, brown the chicken rolls on both sides. In the same skillet, add the
wine, the tomato sauce and the basil.
4. Salt and pepper as needed and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Serve with rice or polenta.
6. Garnish with parsley flakes
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved