To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
CHICKEN BREASTS EN ESCABECHÈ
Pickled chicken breasts served cold on rice. This Moorish dish will win you over with it's exotic taste and overtones of a melding of North African and Southern European tastes.
Make it the day before and the next day you can serve a meal fit for a King and with very little to do other than enjoy your guests or family.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
● 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
● 5 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 head roasted garlic
● 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground pepper
● 1 large white onions, chopped
● 2 carrots, sliced in ¼ inch rounds
● 2½ cups red wine vinegar
● ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
● 3 bay leaves
● 1 cup dry white wine.
● 3 roasted bell peppers, red, green and yellow, cut into 1/4 inch strips.
1. Brown the chicken breasts in the olive oil over moderate heat, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer chicken
to a platter and pour off all but 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. To the pan add the black pepper, and onions. Cook 4 minutes, then add the carrots, peeled roasted
garlic cloves, both vinegars, bay leaves, and dry white wine. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes,
until vegetables are tender. Add the chicken pieces and simmer 3 - 5 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and add the roasted pepper strips. Let the chicken and vegetables cool to
room temperature and then chill them overnight in the refrigerator. Bring the mixture to room
temperature before serving.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved