To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
CATFISH FILETS IN HERBED LEMON CREAM SAUCE
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
• ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
• 6 tablespoons whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Combine cornmeal, thyme, lemon peel, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper in
bowl. Reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture.
2. Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Brush fish on both sides with 1 tablespoon cream; coat on both sides with seasoning mixture in
4. Add to skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer
fish to 2 plates.
5. Stir lemon juice into same skillet, scraping up browned bits. Stir in reserved 1 teaspoon seasoning
mixture. Whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons cream. Boil until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
6. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over fish.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved