To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
✹ 6 (6-8 oz.) U.S. farm raised catfish filets
✹ ½ cup flour
✹ 1 teaspoon kosher salt
✹ ¼ teaspoon black pepper
✹ 2 cups corn flakes
✹ ½ cup light buttermilk
✹ 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
✹ ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
✹ 1 teaspoon paprika
✹ ½ tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon powdered sage
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a baking dish large enough to hold 6 fish
filets. With your fingers, lightly coat entire dish with oil. Set the dish aside.
2. Rinse catfish in cold water and pat dry. In a wide bowl or plate, season the flour with the salt and
pepper. Dredge each filetthrough the flour so its completely coated, tap the catfish against the side
of the bowl to jar loose excess flour, and set the pieces aside. Discard flour.
3. Crush corn flakes by placing them in a large resealable plastic bag, carefully pressing the bag to
push out the air. Seal bag(with as little air inside as possible) and crush flakes with a rolling pin.
Open the bag and pour the crushed flakes into a wide bowl or a plate.
4. In a large bowl (big enough to dredge catfish filets) mix the buttermilk, mustard, spices, and herbs.
Give each floured filet a good buttermilk bath, then roll it in the corn flake crumbs.
5. Arrange catfish in the oiled baking dish and place in hot oven. Cook until crispy (10 to 15 minutes).
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved