CHINESE CASHEW CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
• 2 lbs. boned and skinned chicken breasts
• 1 Tablespoon(s) chopped garlic
• ½ cup salted roasted cashews
• ½ cup sliced scallions, white portion only
• ½ cup scallion tops cut in 1" pieces
• 2 Tablespoon(s) Chinese sesame oil
• ¼ cup peanut oil
• 1 Tablespoon(s) lemon juice
• 1 tsp. salt
• ½ cup chicken broth
• ½ cup dry sherry
• ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
• 1 lb. Chinese noodles or thin spaghetti **SEE COOK'S NOTE**
• ½ cup vegetable oil<
1. Boil Chinese noodles and drain (Boil 5 minutes for fresh, 20 minutes for dry spaghetti.) Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet
or wok until hot. Divide the noodles into four portions and brown on both sides. Set these aside to drain on paper toweling.
2. Cube the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch cubes.
3. Heat the peanut oil and sesame oil in a deep skillet or wok and add the garlic and chicken cubes and stir-fry until browned. Add
cashews and the white portions of the scallions and stir fry for 30 seconds.
4. Now add the sherry, chicken broth, water chestnuts, salt and lemon juice and simmer for about 3 minutes. Add the scallion tops
and serve over the pan fried noodles.
• Rice can be used in place of noodles if desired.