To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
CAESAR SALAD MEXICANO
A hot and spicy Caesar salad for those who love a little variety in life.
Assemble this salad in a tortilla bowl and wow your family and friends with a grand presentation.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
● 3 heads Romaine lettuce, cleaned of coarse outer leaves, torn by hand into bite size pieces, and carefully
washed and dried
● 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
● 18 cherry tomatoes
● 1 lime juiced about 2 tablespoons
● 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped or mashed
● 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
● 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
● 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
● ¼ teaspoon salt
● ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
● 2 ounce can anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
● 2 tablespoons Wagner's® chipotlè cream sauce mix**SEE COOK'S NOTES**
● Freshly ground pepper to taste
● 1 cup freshly grated Monterey jack cheese
● 3 avocados sliced into ½ inch lengthwise slices
● 4 flour tortillas, sliced into strips and fried or oven toasted until golden
● 4 - 6 large tortilla bowls in which to serve the salad **SEE COOK'S NOTES**
1. In a wooden bowl combine the diced avocado, Wagner's® chipotlè cream sauce mix and lime juice
and mash the avocado with the back of a spoon. Add the garlic, mustard, vinegar, jalapeno and salt
and combine the mixture until creamy. Add half the olive oil and stir to incorporate.
2. Add the Romaine lettuce leaves and coat them completely. Add the remaining olive oil by pouring in a
very patient, slow, steady stream to produce a smooth, creaminess to the salad. Add the anchovies by
mixing in evenly the chopped bits.
3. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
4. Add the jack cheese and tomatoes and and toss the salad again to coat the greens evenly.
5. Evenly divide the dressed salad into the tortilla bowls.
6. Evenly divide the avocado slices on top of the salads and garnish with golden fried or baked tortilla
7. Serve pickled Jalapeño round slices on the side for a little extra kick and flavor.
1. If Wagner's Chipotlè Cream Sauce® is unavailable, add a teaspoon of powdered chipotlè, or a teaspoon of
adobo sauce from a can of chipotlè peppers in adobo sauce.
2. Large tortilla or taco bowl forms from Amazon®
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE RECIPE ABOVE, THE VIDEO BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP MAKING A TORTILLA BOWL
WITHOUT BUYING FORMING PANS.
HOW TO MAKE A TORTILLA SHELL SALAD BOWL
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved