To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
GOOD HOUSEKEEPING CAESAR SALAD
Basic Caesar salad. No raw egg dressing. Mayonnaise base.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Makes 4-6
● 4 ounce(s) Italian bread
● 1 clove(s) garlic, cut in half
● Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
● ¼ cup(s) mayonnaise
● ¼ cup(s) freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
● 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
● 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
● 1 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
● 1 teaspoon(s) anchovy paste
● Coarsely ground black pepper
● 1 package(s) (18-ounce) hearts of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut bread into ½-inch-thick slices. Rub bread slices, on both sides, with cut sides of garlic. Cut
bread into ½-inch cubes; place in jelly-roll pan. Spray bread liberally with cooking spray. Bake
10 minutes or until golden-brown and crisp. Cool croutons in pan.
3. Meanwhile, in large salad bowl, with wire whisk, mix together mayonnaise, Parmesan, lemon juice,
olive oil, anchovy paste, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
4. Add lettuce and croutons to dressing in bowl; toss to coat.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved