To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
GUTSY'S BAKLAVA ROUNDS
An easy way to make and enjoy baklava.
These taste like the time consuming version of the purist's baklava, but is half the work and make a great presentation.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS:Makes 3 dozen
● 1 box phyllo dough
● 1˝ cups ghee (clarified butter) or melted butter
● 2 cups Ground walnuts
● 2 cup ground pistachios
● 1 cup ground roasted almonds
● 1 cup Sugar
● 1 teaspoon Cinnamon.
● 1˝ cups Honey
● 1˝ cups Sugar
● 1 cup Water
● 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1. Spread out one sheet of filo dough. Dab or lightly brush with butter. Over this, place another sheet
of filo dough. Brush 2nd sheet with butter, add a third sheet and butter as the first two. Add a
fourth sheet and sprinkle lightly over whole sheet with dry filling (mixed ground nuts, sugar and
cinnamon). Place a fifth sheet and sprinkle with a little more dry filling. Now add three more
2. Now roll up the sheets as you would a jelly roll. Slice across the rolls into 1 inch rounds and place
on a lightly greased cookie sheet or lined with parchment paper.
3. Repeat until all the pyllo dough and filling have been used, using eight sheets for each roll. Brush
tops of baklava pieces with melted butter.
4. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
5. While baking, prepare syrup in a saucepan. Heat honey, sugar, lemon juice and water together and
bring to a boil. Don't overcook. Let cool a bit and then pour over baklava pieces (which you have
placed on their sides in a jelly roll pan so the syrup seeps into the pastry. You can turn them once
to make sure they are completely saturated.
6. When ready to serve, place in little paper cups.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved