To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
GUTSY'S POTATO SKINS - A COMFORT SNACK
BAked or fried, these are always a great snack for T.V. sports days or when a snack is going to end up being dinner..
There are so many different ways you can dress these up to suit your taste.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
● 4 medium Oregon russet potatoes, baked and cooled
● ¼ cup vegetable oil
● 1 tablespoon paprika
● salt and pepper to taste
● ¼ cup cheddar cheese
● ½ cup finely chopped crisp smoked bacon
● ½ cup sour cream or Ranch dressing
● ¼ cup chopped scallions 3 or 4 scallions
● 1 tablespoon Jalapeño pepper, 1 pepper will do. chopped very fine (OPTIONAL)
1. Scrub the potatoes clean, coat them with canola oil and kosher salt. Bake at 400°F for about 1 hour
or until the potatoes are cooked through.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, brown the bacon strips in a frying pan until crisp. Drain on paper
towels, let cool and crumble.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven, let cool enough to handle.
4. Slice the potatoes lengthwise into quarters and gently scoop out the insides leaving about ¼ inch of
the potato on the skin.
5. If you have a deep fryer, fry the potato skins for 2 minutes. If you don’t have a fryer, you can crisp
them up in your oven. Place the potatoes with the skin side up on a baking sheet. Brush lightly with
6. Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crispy.
7. Remove from oven, use tongs and turn the potato skins over. Top each potato with cheddar cheese
8. Place them back into the oven for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle
with green onions and/or jalapeños and serve with your favorite Ranch Dressing or sour cream.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved