To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
THE GUTSY GOURMET'S ORIGINAL PESTO SAUCE
A pesto sauce with basil, chevril, anchovies, garlic, pignoli nuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano, pecorino Romano cheeses and extra virgin olive oil.
Use Pesto on your pasta, salads, stuffed pastas and brushettas. A great substitute for tomato based sauces. The number one choice for topping Pasta Primavera.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS:Makes 6 cups
● 2½ cups fresh Italian basil leaves
● ½ cup fresh flat leafed parsley
● ¼ cup fresh chevril
● 1 to 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil (Best you can afford)
● 5 tablespoons pignoli, pinion or pine nuts, roasted (reserve 1 Tablespoon for garnish)**SEE COOK'S NOTES**
● 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled
● Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
● 5 anchovies, preserved in olive oil, mashed
● ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (Do not use supermarket pre-grated cheese!)
● 4 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Process the basil, parsley, chervil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and the
anchovies in a food processor (Do not blend too fine!).
Blend, stopping from time to time to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl. When the
ingredients are well blended, pour them into a bowl and add the grated cheeses.
1. Instead of pignoli nuts, try some walnuts for an exciting change.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved