To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
BUTTER CAKE - IF YOU ARE GOING TO DIE FROM TOO MUCH CHOLESTEROL, THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT.
This is deliciously moist cake with tons of flavor. Just don't make a habit of having it for dessert. Nice tobe able to once in a while though.
If you are going to blow your diet on a sweet now and then, This will not dissapoint.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6 - 8
3 cups cake flour
1 cup sweet butter
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups super fine sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat gas oven to 350ºF degrees, electric oven to 325ºF degrees. All ingredients should be room
2. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Sift flour, add baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. (Or 150 strokes by hand.)
On medium speed, (or another 150 strokes) add 1 egg at a time. After 2 eggs add 2 tablespoons flour.
Add flour mix alternating with the milk, ending with the flour. Add extracts.
4. Place cake pan in middle of oven. Pans should not touch. Baking time approximately 35 minutes.
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 ½ stick butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons Hershey's® Special Dark Cocoa
3 to 4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
8 to 10 tablespoons heavy cream
1. In a medium, heavy saucepan, bring the sugar and cream to a rolling boil. Boil one minute. Add
soda, and boil one more minute. Remove from heat. Add butter, but do not stir yet. Let the mixture
cool. Add cocoa and beat well. Icing is now ready to use.
Icing is a personal choice, so if you would rather ice the cake differently, do what you like.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved