To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
BUCATINI CON ZUCCHINE, LIMONE E NOCI AGRODOLCE
A pasta dish with zucchini, walnuts and a sweet and sour sauce..
A meatless pasta dish for an Italian Christmas when Italian Catholics do not eat meat.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
￭ 1 lb bucatini, cooked (Can use Perciatellini, Percatelli, Foratini, Fidelini bucati, Fide bucate)
￭ 1 shallot – chopped fine
￭ 4 zucchini – sliced in rounds ¼ inch thick
￭ Juice and zest from 1 lemon
￭ 2 Tablespoons butter
￭ 2 Tablesspoons Extra virgin olive oil
￭ 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar (White if possible)
￭ 2 tablespoons honey
￭ ½ cup walnuts – coarsely chopped
￭ Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Sauté the shallot in olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
2. When the shallot becomes soft and glassy add the zucchini. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, turning
occasionally to brown the pieces.
3. Add the lemon juice and zest and cook over a low heat for a few more minutes until the zucchini is at
the desired tenderness. Remove the zucchini to a platter, leaving behind as much of the liquid as
4. Add the butter, honey, balsamic vinegar and a Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the to the
remaining liquid and wisk into an emulsion.
5. Return the zucchini to the pan and stir to coat the pieces in the sauce. Put the cooked pasta in a
serving dish, top with the zucchini sauce, and garnish with chopped walnuts. Note that this is a fairly
dry sauce. If you want a saucier pasta dish use less spaghetti in proportion to the other ingredients.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved