To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
A spread for crusty bread made from olive, herbs and onions.
A grilled slice of crusty bread, slathered with a tapenade of Italian, Greek olives and herbs. I don't know if it gets any better than this.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
⚫ 1 cup pitted Spanish green olives
⚫ 1 cup pitted brine-cured black olives (such as Kalamata)
⚫ ¼ cup chopped red onion
⚫ 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
⚫ 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
⚫ 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
⚫ 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
⚫ 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, large grained would be great
⚫ Dash of hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
⚫ Dash of Worcestershire sauce
⚫ ½ cup olive oil
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in processor and chop coarsely.
2. With processor running, gradually add oil.
3. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
5. Serve with bruschetta.
Makes 1½ cups
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BRUSCHETTA:
⚫ 1 sourdough or French bread baguette
⚫ 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
DIRECTIONS FOR THE BRUSCHETTA:
1. Cut the baguette on the diagonal in ¼ inch slices
Grill or toast bread.
3. Brush with oil.
4. Season generously with pepper.
5. Top with muffuletta spread and serve.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved