BROCCOLI AND BACON SOUP WITH HOLLANDAISE
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 4 - 6 cups broccoli flowerettes
● 2 cans or 4 cups chicken stock
● 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped fine
● ˝ cup chopped red onion
● ˝ cup heavy cream
● 1 pkg. Knorr or McCormicks Hollandaise sauce mix**SEE COOK'S NOTE 1**
● 1 Teaspoon(s) salt
● ˝ Teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
● ˝ Teaspoon(s) ground thyme
1. Boil broccoli in the chicken stock in a 2 quart saucepan until fork tender.
2. Take off the heat and cool, then add hollandaise mix (Right out of the package **SEE COOK'S NOTE 2**) and onion before blending
in a blender, OR Use an immersion blender and blend the hot soup in the sauce pan. Blend to a texture for your tastes.
3. Add salt, pepper, and thyme.
4. Add bacon, heavy cream and simmer until the soup thickens.
5 Serve with crusty toasted French, Pugalese or Asiago bread.
1. Ordinarily I like to make my own Hollandaise sauce, but the packaged variety works just fine here.
2. Using the Hollandaise sauce mix right out of the package thickens the soup as well as giving it another layer of flavor. Add chicken
broth or water to thin it if necessary.