To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
BEXIMET-ARMENIAN ✹ Recipe courtesy of Sima Piligian
Beximet are hard sticks of Armenian bread that are commonly served with dips and sauces. The bread is baked with melted shortening and is commonly provided for children as a snack.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Makes 100 breadsticks
✹ 1 cup shortening, melted
✹ 3 cups warm water
✹ 1 cup evaporated milk
✹ 2 tsp. salt
✹ 1 tbsp. sugar
✹ 1 yeast cake
✹ 12 cups flour
1. Warm water
2. Add all ingredients, mix well and knead.
3. Let rise for 2 hours.
4. Make balls (size of an orange).
5. Roll each ball with your hands until length of your greased tray. Do not put sticks too close to each
other in tray.
6. Brush tops with evaporated milk. Slit sticks three quarters of the way down every 2 inches.
7. Bake in preheated 400°F oven until brown, approximately 10 minutes.
8. When bread sticks are cooled, cut slits clear through. Put on trays standing each piece on end
9. Put back into 225°F oven until sticks are dry (2 to 3 hours)
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved