To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
BLOR - AN ARMENIAN GRAIN SOUP
A nourishing, filling and delicious soup of Bulgur, Oats, and Spinach.
A filling soup without the calories, fats and meat. Loaded with heart healthy fiber.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS, DUMPLINGS: Serves 4
• 1½ cup oatmeal
• ½ cup fine bulghour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup water
1. Mix all the above ingredients together into a dough and knead well. Shape dough into ¾" diameter
balls. These balls are called blors and will be cooked in a broth.
• 6 cups beef or chicken broth
• ½ cup chopped tomatoes
• ½ cup minced yellow onions
• 1 pound chopped fresh spinach, fresh is good, frozen is acceptable
• ½ cup chopped Armenian or Italian parsley
1. Bring the broth to a boil and brown off the minced onions in a little olive oil.
2. Add the blors and all the other ingredients to the broth.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and boil for 8-10 minutes and serve hot.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved