RAZOR OR MANILA CLAMS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
● 1 lb. Razor or Manila Clams Cleaned & steamed
● 2 Tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
● 2 Tablespoon(s) Fermented Black Bean & Garlic sauce**SEE COOK'S NOTE**/or 2 Tablespoon(s) black beans & 2 cloves chopped garlic
● 1 Tablespoon(s) chopped chili pepper
● 1 Cup(s) Mirin or Rice wine
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Oyster sauce
● 1 Tablespoon(s) dark sweet soy sauce or Kecap Manis
● 1 Tablespoon(s) corn starch
● 2 Tablespoon(s) water
● 2 Tablespoon(s) chopped scallions, green top part only for garnish
1. You can find jars of fermented black bean sauce with or without garlic in the Asian aisle of your supermarket.
1. Scrub and clean clams.
2. Steam Clams until they open
3. Add vegetable oil to hot wok and heat oil
4. Add black bean garlic sauce, chili pepper, and stir fry for 15 seconds.
5. Add rice wine, oyster sauce and Kecap Manis and blend
6. Add mixture of cornstarch and water a little at a time until you have a syrupy dark sauce.
7. Add clams to the wok and heat.
8. Plate the clams with some sauce and garnish with diced scallion tops
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE PRESENTED, THE VIDEOS BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP TO YOU.
VIDEO $1U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO MAKE CLAMS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
VIDEO #2U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO MAKE CLAMS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE