To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
An Italian twice baked cookie, especially favored to accompany a good strong coffee.
Chock full of hazelnuts and chocolate chips and dipped in white chocolate. A perfect companion to a hot cup of caffè espresso.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Makes 2 dozen
⚫ 2⅔ cups flour
⚫ 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
⚫ 2 cups sugar
⚫ 1½ teaspoons baking soda
⚫ ¼ teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons instant espresso powder
⚫ 1¾ cups toasted hazelnuts
⚫ ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
⚫ 5 eggs
⚫ 1½ teaspoons vanilla
⚫ 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.
2. In workbowl of an electric mixer combine flour,
cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, salt and espresso
powder using paddle on
3. Add nuts and semisweet chocolate chips.
4. Lightly whisk eggs and
vanilla and add to flour mixture at low speed. Mix just until dough comes
5. Turn out dough and knead lightly to work any unincorporated dry
ingredients into dough.
6. Form into four logs, each 2 inches in diameter. Place
on two parchment lined cookie sheets and bake
for 30 to 35 minutes. Logs
should be firm, with cracks in top and dough should be completely dry to
7. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Let logs cool slightly then
cut them on a slight diagonal into ¾
inch thick slices. Lay them flat on
cookie sheets and bake for 30 minutes more.
8. Meanwhile, melt white chocolate
for dipping in top of a double boiler or in microwave, stirring until
9. Cool biscotti completely on racks before dipping in white chocolate.
finished biscotti on parchment-lined cookie sheets in a cool place until
11. Store in an airtight container.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved