To print this page, use your browser's print button.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESANO REGGIANO
A most delightful way to enjoy this Spring vegetable. This is my favorite way to prepare and serve
fresh Spring asparagus. It is so simple and so good! It smells like you have a pizza in your oven.
Printed from THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET
• 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, finely minced (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground herbs de Provence
Coarse salt or sea salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 pkg. Knorr Hollandaise sauce mix (prepare per directions)
• 1/4 cup or more grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Lemons wedges or slices for garnish
1. Snap or cut off the tough ends of the asparagus. Arrange asparagus in a single layer
in a shallow baking pan.
2. Make marinade by combining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs de Provence, salt,
and pepper. Pour marinade over asparagus, turning to coat. Let marinate for 1 hour.
Pour off any residual marinade.
3. Preheat oven to 500º degrees F. When ready to bake, drizzle 1/3 of the Hollandaise
sauce over the asparagus and sprinkle the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the top of
that. Bake approximately 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of the asparagus
stalks) or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from oven and transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Garnish with lemon
wedges or thin slices.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
To get assistance on roasting fruits and vegetables, go here: Roasting Fruits & Vegetables
Copyright 2001© 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved