INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 24 baby artichokes, SEE PREPARING BABY ARTICHOKES VIDEO BELOW
● 4 large oranges
● 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
● 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
● 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
● 3/4 cup Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
1. Drain artichokes. Cook in large pot of boiling salted water 4 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut into thin slices.
2. Grate enough orange peel to measure 1 teaspoon. Transfer peel to large bowl. Squeeze in ⅓ cup juice
from 1 orange. Using small sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from remaining oranges.
3. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside.
4. Mix oil and vinegar into orange juice mixture in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix in artichokes and onion. Let stand 10 minutes.
6. Using slotted spoon, arrange artichokes and onions on platter. Garnish with orange slices and olives.
Drizzle vinaigrette from bowl over salad.
NOTE: ARTICHOKE PREPARATION - THIS VIDEO BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP TO YOU.
OCEANMIST.COM - HOW TO PREPARE BABY ARTICHOKES