To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
ARTICHOKE HEARTS AND HOW TO USE THEM
Don't throw away the hearts!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
WHAT TO DO WITH THE ARTICHOKE HEARTS WHEN YOUR RECIPE DOES NOT CALL FOR THEM
1. Quarter and pat dry.( Always dry artichoke hearts before cooking as they become watery) Saute with garlic, onions and mushrooms.
2. Mix with an Alfredo sauce or white clam sauce.
3. Sautè in butter with Shitake or Portobello mushrooms and a little Madiera wine.
4. Sautè in butter and other vegetables and serve with rice pilaf or mashed potatoes.
5. Mix with rice after sautèing with onions or garlic.
6. Toss them with other vegetables, or mix them in a saute pan with left-over chicken or ham.
Even crab or shrimp. Put them in a pasta sauce.. white sauce like Alfredo is best.
7. Process them with olives into a tapenade.
8. Mix into a macaroni or pasta salad.
9. Eat cold with butter or mayonnaise.
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE or recipes PRESENTED, THE VIDEO(S) BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP TO YOU.
U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO PREPARE ARTICHOKE HEARTS
U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO PREPARE ARTICHOKES - JACQUES PEPIN
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved