To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
FOCCACIA WITH 3 CHEESES
Italian flatbread usually loaded with cheeses, herbs, olives, jalapeño peppers and onions.
The perfect bread for antipasto. It goes with anything! It makes a great Panini sandwich and toasts well. With the abundant toppings you can choose, Foccacia makes a great snack all by itself, either hot or cold. Probably the most flavorful of the World's flatbreads and surely one of the most versitile.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 8
• 1 envelope (1/4-ounce) active dry yeast
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 cup warm water (about 110ºF.)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 Tablespoon good Extra Virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons Kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
• 11 ounces fresh ricotta cheese, at room temperature
• 2 large eggs
• ⅓ pound pepperoni, julienned
• 6 ounces Mozzarella cheese, grated and at room temperature
• ⅓ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using an electric mixer with a dough hook, whisk the yeast,
sugar,and warm water together, for 2 minutes to dissolve the yeast. Add the flour and salt. With
the mixer on low, mix until the dough starts to come together. Increase the speed to medium-high
and mix until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and crawls up to dough hook.
2. Grease a mixing bowl with the olive oil. Place the dough in the greased bowl and turn once. Cover
the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft free place until the dough doubles in size
about 1½ hours.
3. Turn the dough out onto a baking sheet. Punch the dough down and press the dough out to form
the pan. Sprinkle the dough with kosher salt and coarse black pepper. Cover the dough and allow
to double in size, about 45 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic
and parsley. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Using your fingers make small dimples over
the entire dough. Brush the dough with olive oil. Smear the filling** evenly over the dough.
The filling must be at room temperature to smear evenly.
5. Bake the dough for 30 to 35 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Slice the bread into
8 to 12 pieces. Drizzle the top with a little good extra virgin olive oil.
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE SHOWN, THE VIDEO BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP.
- HOW TO MAKE FOCCACIA - Presented by Celebrity Chef, Anne Burrell
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved